Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week 39

They are gorgeous in the shell, sweet and tender raw, and delicious when prepared properly. No, I'm not talking about Darien. I'm talking about crowder peas. I had never heard of crowders until Amy included them in our last CSA share of the season. Maybe I have seen them in the market. They are the type of thing you can overlook because you don't know what to do with them, or think they are only good for some exotic Asian dish.




I hope we can find them at the store. I'd hate to eat them but once a year. Darien prepared them using a recipe I found from the Richmond Food Collective. They are worth giving a shuck.

In a subtle attempt to divert attention, a secondary front was opened.


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if they have crowder peas out here in the wild wild west...
    I LOVE the secondary front, it shows an active and full life!

    ReplyDelete