Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week 37

It turns out that on the hike last week, Darien contracted a case of poison ivy. I am clear. We had been hiking in shorts and had to go through a stretch of the trail that was being encroached upon by vegetation. I have her on a regimen of "summer gel" (a concoction mixed up the a local pharmacy) to try and minimize the irritation.

The fact that I escaped the rash is an amazing feat, definitely worthy of being chronicled. I had a bout of it earlier this summer, so maybe Nature decided that I had suffered enough.

No better, no worse.

3 comments:

  1. Hot update: It may be chiggers and not poison ivy. I can't believe I let her live with me in the house the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No maybe. It's chiggers. I think they only have them in the south. GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh. chiggers, I remember them well from my many,many Oklahoma summers...John should have known that it wasn't poison ivy!

    ReplyDelete