Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week 38

This was the last week to pick up our CSA share from Amy. We had some marvelous vegetables all summer. This last share had a bit of a surprise in it -- three ears of pop corn. Feeling all back-to-nature and wanting to follow in the footsteps of the country's pioneers, we put one ear into a paper back and placed it in the microwave. In a jiffy, the corn had popped off the cob and was waiting for us. I think our original plan had been to add butter and salt, also just like the pioneers, but we couldn't wait. The corn was a lot denser and nuttier than what we usually get. I'm looking forward to the other two ears.


Oh-oh. Only 102 days to get that counter cleaned up.

5 comments:

  1. Looks pretty clean, to me. Any why no pics of those lovely purple pods with the chowder peas inside? Hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't actually eat the crowder peas, so I couldn't write about them.

    And that counter looks like layers in an Egyptian archeological dig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that exciting John a dig site in your own home! I think you should be more supportive...Who is reading Water for Elephants? Humm, quarters for the parking meters or laundry, altoids or a hiding place for doggie treats. You could have included a pic of the peas (chowder:crowder)..cooked or not

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. It looks like I am exposing my entire life on the Internet. I had best be more careful. Or plant intriguing objects. Darien just finished reading Water for Elephants for her high school book club. She used to post her books on her blog, but it doesn't look like she is doing that anymore. The "quarters" are actually (wouldn't you know it?) Icelandic coins. Darien likes to finger them every now and then. I can't talk about the Altoids box; Foo and Wu read this blog. I was not able to include the crowder peas because we hadn't eaten them that week. I am very strict about what I include.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cut loose...take a crowder peas picture, it won't hurt

    ReplyDelete