Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week 5

I spent the night in Cincinnati, although not by choice. It was snowing when I left Denver, and the plane sat on the runway for an interminable time. When I walked off the plane to transfer in Cincinnati, I had about eleven minutes before the Richmond flight left. I may have made it if it weren't leaving from another concourse. Not completely hopeful, I ran through the airport with my laptop, including double-timing it up the escalator. To no avail.

I put up at the beautiful, romantic Baymont Inn and Suites. The picture is an adequate representation, although you need to add the snow. In the morning you have to add more snow, since it came down most of the night and was still snowing when I left at 7:30. I was nervous about missing my flight again, particularly since the weather people were saying parts of the Ohio Valley could be shut down for several days. With much relief after sitting through de-icing and waiting an hour on the runway, the plane took off and brought me home. I'm going to try to wait a while before I visit Cincinnati again.

Nice job on the counter this week, Darien. But wait! ... what is this pile of stuff in the spare room? Isn't this like, uhm, cheating or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment