Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 30

I visited a stunning cathedral. I biked along the shore and dipped my toes in the Pacific. I saw a movie on the silver screen for the first time in I don't know how long. I visited a new museum devoted to music. I saw art and listened to jazz. I drank Icelandic water. I saw the Dodgers play for the first time in forty years. I gawked at a Laker and an actor, even not knowing who they are. I did the California cruise-around-in-a-hot-red-convertible thing.

Any one of these could be a worthy topic for this week. But none of them can compare with my first taste of In-N-Out Burger! Not that it was such a great meal. Maybe it would have been better if I didn't wait to eat it until I got to the beach forty-five minutes later. It certainly has rave reviews from those who should know a good burger (my family). I don't even know how I escaped the In-N-Out experience for so long. I know Darien liked it because the restaurant was clean. Would I do it again? Sure, if I'm on the road somewhere and don't want to spend a fortune. It does the job.

It is a shame Darien has the camera. She has been doing a most excellent job keeping the counter clean. You will just have to take my word for it.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had the "real" Cali experience...Personally I think keeping a clean counter is highly overated. I have made this resoulution many times and the clutter just moves to another place, it's magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hush. Darien doesn't need any negative encouragement.

    ReplyDelete