Saturday, April 18, 2009

Week 16

Darien had another birthday this week. She turned 39 for the first time. Ooops, I probably shouldn't reveal her age like that. The damage is already done, so I will just have to let it stand.

As I said, Darien had a birthday. I thought it would be fun to surprise her for a change, so Antonia and I schemed and came up with the idea of asking a chef from one of her favorite restaurants in town to come over to the house and give her a cooking lesson. As you can see from the picture, she was a bit taken in. The dinner was a smashing success. All of the kids came over to enjoy in the sight of watching Darien sing for her dinner. The food was stunning. Antonia contributed a killer tiramisu that the chef instructed her the day before in how to make. I hope Darien remembers how she prepared everything. Part of the idea here was that I was going to continue to get superb meals for a long, long time after the leftovers were gone.

The weird thing is, Darien came up with the same idea -- inviting the chef over to cook -- several weeks after we did. Fortunately, Antonia poo-pooed the idea and Darien let it drop. Sometimes it is so hard to fool that woman.

On another front, I think we have some backsliding going on in the rest of the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment